- 4 x 7 inches (10.16 x 17.78 cm)
- Front & Back: Reused Pattern From a Vintage Hmong Jacket, Delicate Sewingworks. High-quality Cotton Batting, Wooden Button Attached to the Sleeve
- Fit perfectly your Iphone 5 plus, 6 plus, 7 plus, 8 plus & Samsung Galaxy Note 6,7,8,9 ( This is just an example. See the detailed measures of the phone sleeve above)
- 100% Handmade and Handsewn
- Dry Clean or Wash with Cold Water & Mild Detergent
Today, nearly all indigo dye is produced synthetically on a mass-scale. The Hmong of Northern Vietnam, however, still concoct the pigment manually from locally grown indigo plants. The colour is pressed from the leaves and fermented, before being mixed with lime and various natural additions to make the resultant paste soluble. The mixture is oxidised, then combined with ash water, fruit sugars and rice whiskey to aid with a second fermentation. Once this is complete, the dye is ready for use. Depending on how dark the artisan wants to make the material, repeated dyeing and drying may be required.
The chosen patterns are drawn directly onto the fabrics using hot and melted beeswax. The wax dries quite easily, so the wax container needs to be kept on live coals while the artisan is drawing. After it dries up, the cloths will be ready to go through the next step, which is indigo-dyeing (see above). In the final step, the cloths will be dipped in boiling water, which makes the dried bee wax melt, revealing the patterns in white. The whole process, from drawing with wax, dyeing naturally until the cloth is ready to be used, usually takes up to one month.
Please Note: Every item is one of a kind and no two are alike. The dyed palette comes from all-natural botanical pigments, and each product gets its unique character from washing and drying under the Vietnamese sun. Handmade items are not factory made; therefore these items may have minor imperfections that add .
( Source: Viethnic)